ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Positions parts in jigs or fixtures on bench or floor, or clamps parts together along layout marks.
· Select torch, torch tip and filler rod according to welding chart specifications or type and thickness of metal
· Connects regulator valves and hoses to oxygen and fuel gas cylinders, and welding torch.
· Turns regulator valves to activate flow of gases, lights torch and adjusts gas mixture and pressure, to obtain desired flame.
· Holds torch at proper angle to metal and guides along weld joint, applying filler road to molten area to form weld.
· Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
· Repairs broken or cracked metal objects, fills holes, and builds up metal parts.
· Preheats workpiece in furnace or with torch.
· Lays out, positions, and tack welds workpieces.
· Welds along vertical or overhead weld lines.
· Scarfs or grooves weld prior to applying filler metal.
· Chips or grinds off excess weld, slag, or spatter.
· Cleans or degreases parts.
Candidate must be able to weld up to .050 wall thickness and a diameter of ¼" to 3" tube. Experience with butt weld and seam welds. Experienced Welders Only.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Must have training or experience with manual weld equipment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
· Employee must pass training and testing in order to obtain Company Qualification Card for "Welder".
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
· This job requires specific vision abilities in which an eye examination will be performed.